Monday 8 June 2009

head/ hands


1. on the phone just a minute ago, i told montana that he has a new name on this blog. that he has a name at all. and he is bitterly disappointed that it is not 'futurecybertron'. honestly.

2. because it is now attempting to be summer, one felt one had to step up the grooming a notch or twelve. i went into lush looking for something that would render me slightly less reptilian and waltzed out with a 'business time' massage bar, which, as you will know because you are so utterly and irrevocably hip, is some sort of 'flight of the conchords' tribute. watching that, i realise that it's supposed to be an aphrodisiac. oh. whatever- i am totally distracted by the smell of my arms. it's so very great that i am going to have to give it up... at least on weekdays, or days in which i have to pull focus of any kind, or not get chased down the road by dogs. honestly, it's like baby powder, or burlap, or freshly printed wedding invitations. ridiculously good.

3. little boy is now on his third (3rd) copy of wall-e. he is literally wearing them out.

4. i'm turning the kitchen into a gigantic chalkboard. right now. don't say anything. just pass me that brush. what do you mean, "regrettably compulsive"?

5. it's my daughter's first assessment tomorrow.

6. there is no espresso in the fridge. there is no espresso in the fridge. there is no espresso in the fridge.

7. everyone, and by everyone i mean everyone in the world that isn't me or you or perhaps some other people you know, is going on holiday this weekend. away. everyone. look at them, with their patrick gale novels and their passports and their sun tan lotion and their hopes of relaxation and/or a good time. quitters.

8. at the end of the month, i get to go clothes shopping. glee. this doesn't happen very often anymore, as i need to keep my children in socks and evacuee-style frocks. i am attempting to resist the urge to spend all my hard saved wedge on one beautiful (ridiculous) item that lives year round in my wardrobe with all of it's glamourous (ridiculous) chums, while i lurch out of the house each morning in tracksuit bottoms with ground in play-doh and some delapidated t-shirt commemorating my wonderful time at the sorbonne (i never went to the sorbonne). exchanging the money into topshop vouchers might be the solution, but then knowing me i'll end up with four identical kate moss maxi dresses and some delusional notion that i have been practical. again. i hate what the fashion industry has done to me.

9. we have five impending blooms on our new papaver orientale, which, as my five year old daughter poppy points out, is fairly 'iconic'.

10. after a weekend of alternating threats and bribes, being screamed at, empty promises, pleading, insults, whining and foot stamping, i have been broken. i am now going to go and clean aforementioned daughter's bedroom, with any luck before environmental health show up.

i don't know where she gets it from.




.

11 comments:

  1. OK. So you have a 5 year old who uses the word iconic. And you write better than 99% of the world that I live in. Something is clearly operating in the genome. Can I just say your blog is one of the ones I read because I really enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou- the feeling is reciprocated.

    and i'll try to remember your comment re- the genome as my daughter screams at me, from the top of the climbing frame, that "coming in for my dinner is just! blimmin'! tee-nious! mum-may!"

    as she just has done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldnt even read the post!!! FOTC?!?!?!!? Its on at 10:30 come over, Ill stick the espresso on (I might be a little hyper-5 coffes at home then a four shot starbucks).

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I just toitally had a shoegasm. want want "cant walk in-shurrup you I will sit" want want want

    ohh and ps I totally want to come round and draw a willy on your chalk board *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowsers r-ma superstar you're even more hyper than me and i'm turning the house upside down trying to find an appointment letter that it turns out i've lost and even though i had the date and time ingrained in my head i've just checked my diary and it turns out i've not put it in there but last wednesday is circled for some reason (?) and my phone calendar has been wiped by some pissing sony ericsson glitch and knowing me it was probably last week which would be bloody typical of me and now they'll be assuming i no longer need the services and everyone will be all "oh how did it go" and i'll have to be like "oh we missed it" and then everyone will know that my daughter's most significant problem is, actually, me. and it's not the last place i had it and it's not in any of the other places either. GOD.

    *slumps*

    *goes outside to check in black bin*

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was me. seems i've losing everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that you have repeated viewings of wall-e at your house...we do as well. I am a totally willing participant. strangely relaxing to me.

    oh BTW, I like how you are "anonymous-ish" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lipstick- hello! oh, it could definately be worse. wall-e. i'm not sure whether it's a genuine "like", or something related to stockholm syndrome, or maybe i'm just *impressed* as owing to my son's obsession we have watched all the making-of bits on the bonus dvd bits. a lot. and have you seen "burn-e" on the extras? an unsung classic. apparently.

    *rushes off to check under the stairs for appointment letter*

    *again*.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ditto what LPC said. It's like diving into a great novel, except it's not fiction (at least not that I'm aware of), it comes in bursts and I can chat with the author. btw, I'm reading a novel by Anna Maxted at the moment but I think I like your blog better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *feebly bats laura on the arm*

    thankyou. that's really nice. i wish i had your combination of humour and focus and tie-me-to-the-ground intelligence. this *gesticulates around* is just what happens when wierd girls go to grammar school and learn to identify a future imperfect verb before discovering vodka and having a bit of a wierd life. it's not fiction.

    ... i'm not sure what that says about anna maxted, but i'm going to take it as a compliment. thankyou.

    ReplyDelete