Friday 19 June 2009

indigo dog

my son is not a "funny looking kid", he was working those babygros from about 3 months old, he was the baby everyone greeted with a "duuuuude". he's seriously popular, and kids can be shallow people.

my son is not "slow". i'm sick of people- of friends-telling me, apropos of nothing, that "it's not important if he doesn't ever go to university", based on their feeble grasp of his diagnosis. wtf? first of all, he's four (4). secondly, he's scary bright and a great communicator with adults. third, he's obsessed with robots and comes from a long line of celebrated engineers on all sides. i had to seriously hold my tongue this morning as someone laid the "so what if he's not academically clever" crap on me whilst her own child had just picked his nose and riffed on bums and willies for a good five minutes.

my son shouldn't be persecuted on his own turf in the interest of "toughening him up". we are currently under siege by neighbouring kids every day after school and on weekends as some fences are down and those responsible can't be bothered to replace them. these kids will stroll into my house and use the play equipment even if my kids aren't around. i'm laid back, but these kids are really really not very nice, and their parents assume the issue is that my kids are "too sensitive". i am turning into an alsation; montana is likely to throw down some cgi werewolf madness this weekend should this continue.

my son is awesome, eerily placid, with a delightful take on the world. ignorant pigeon-holing haters are beginning to rile me. it's bringing out the indigo in me. it's not good.





.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I do so hope this all gets better. I hope you read amalah's blog.www.amalah.com I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *nods* I'm feeling that. And as for the neighborhood kids, there's a word for it: "trespass", taking notice of which doesn't make you sensitive - it makes you a property owner or occupant, whichever

    ReplyDelete
  3. LPC- hey, thankyou. so do i... i will definately have a look for amalah.

    Laura- yo! i'm going to have to take up meditation or something. yeah. om.

    rainbowmummy- thanks for your email... i'd forgotten that i am allowed to vent on the internet... lasagne, huh? *scowls at bowl of miso*.

    ReplyDelete