Monday 6 July 2009

postal

hey, ladies- long unedited rant alert. apologies for the extended absence- hopefully what lies beneath will go some way to explaining. i hope everyone is well and had a good weekend.

rudy probably doesn't have DCD, he is just too distracted to perform manual tasks above the first (yup, 1st) percentile. rudy is now three fidgets away from a formal ASD diagnosis. he is developing OCD. he will not EAT. he is sandwiched between glass slides under a MICROSCOPE and i just want it to STOP. i am SICK TO MY BACK TEETH OF THIS PROCESS.

for maybe the first time last week i really understood why it is generally perceived as preferable that two parents raise a child. no, that's not right at all. i will rephrase. i felt it might be preferable if i was one of two parents raising my children. i felt a palpable absence -someone else as wholly responsible for this scrap of a lad as i. i felt there should be someone else with whom i could share almost unbearable pressure, this guilt and this responsibility. i was even tempted to contact his father. thankfully it occurred to me after about half a nanosecond that i was missing a phantom. his actual father is the kind of self righteous clown that would immediately hold me actively responsible for "causing the poor kid's autism", and then latch on some sort of claim that he suspected that this would happen and that's why he had to walk out on us when r. was only weeks old. this is someone who once stated, before rudy was even born, that i would probably "make him gay on purpose". my speculation that this man would utilise rudy's diagnosis in order to spite me is founded on extensive experience- he's such a delightful character. and please understand that the fact that my children's father is a colossal scumbag weighs heavily on my shoulders- it's all guilt, all the time. expressing these feelings of isolation, unsupportedness and the weight of sole responsibility did not go down well with my long term long distance boyfriend. communication broke down.

we have flu, suspected swine. poppy has been found to be asthmatic.

i lost it big time with the neighbouring kids' dad. his eldest (7) had been playing with my daughter and apropos of nothing, had screamed in her face that she was a "fucking loser". her tears were met with taunts that she was a big fat cry baby. i was right there. my attempts to comfort my understandably shaken daughter were overheard by the child's father, and he felt it was important that he let me know how abnormal my children are that they get upset in such a situation. only they weren't the words he used. it was a hot day, and i've been putting up with this crap for too long. let's just say i went postal. no, not cool, but it's done now. the discussion was concluded with him realising that he was out of his depth, and resorting to laughing at me, and he got called an asshole. by me. and has he mended the fence? nope. did he immediately approach a group of our other neighbours and launch an extended character assassination on me? yep. but more powerful is the sense of shock i feel at having stooped to his level.

about two hours later, montana turned up. he'd pulled some strings and taken the rest of the week off at short notice to attempt some damage control upon my rapidly unravelling psyche. walking back from the shop later that evening, he could hear the father next door screaming at his five crying children from the end of the street. and yet i'm the one receiving neighbourhood wide shunning.


montana lay in every morning. we went to the seaside one day. i was a brittle anxious mess until about lunchtime yesterday. he left mid afternoon.





.

22 comments:

  1. I wish I were your neighbor. You could come over. I would cook dinner. We could eat it outside with a glass of wine. My 19 year old son could play with your kids out in the cul de sac. The other neighbor kids would join, playing ride tricycles and little kid basketball. And if anyone tried to shun you I would wear my Princeton sweatshirt which causes awe in parents here in Silicon Valley and we would smite them into silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish you were my neighbour too. we could swap aphid control tips. if the next door kids' dad hadn't suggested it during our little altercation, i would be seriously thinking about moving (although probably not to silicon valley, boo).

    i wish i lived in a neighbourhood where i could just flick a lancaster university tea towel at him in order to wordlessly communicate my inherent superiority. were i more forthcoming about my background i would shunned to the power of one million... i'm living in a pocket thugocracy in one of england's more schizophrenic cities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh fuck, fuck fuck. no hang on a fucking minute he did what now? beyond acceptable. hi kid is an asshole and he is, a c...a lady bits!!

    prick. move. what's your housing situation? you own, rent? as someone that really gets where you live can literally change everything MOVE. I a starting the process, but I am shit scared.
    we have to go council, sorry "housing assosiation" and I petrified that I wont get anywhere.
    This is not cool. NOT COOL. Want me to beat his ass? I totally would. Take all my Egg/Eggs Dad/aresholes that I am too afraid to blog about anger out on him.
    I hope she is ok now, esson Men are assholes be a lasbian. Poor sweatheart.

    Poor you. Look. I know it sounds really weird coming from a bloggy friend that should really just be saying ((((HUGS)))))) (lol rofl etc) but look.

    hang on I am switching to email

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol @ "he is a....lady bits!!"

    pops is fine now thanks hun- i'm touched by your concern. unfort. she's had to get all too used to this sort of thing, sandwiched between nicey nicey friendly overture. this other kid will literally follow me around the house given half the chance, so it's not quite a black and white as we would like. i've had to feed them before.

    i got locked out of the house earlier (dodgy lock), and given the masses of neighbourly support i got it seems actually people are more inclined to have thought "right on, indigo" when hearing that i actually stood up to this twunt than listen to his character assasination. i know damn well i was right, i'm not walking around looking over my shoulder.

    i rent privately... i'm looking around.

    (((hugz))) ((innit))

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god you said twant, you are my soul mate

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gift you have for words...I'm feeling postal for you. Vicarious postal, if that's possible. What a weight you carry - I wish I could transpose some of Rudy's DNA onto myself sci-fi style and carry some of that load for you. *taps Indigo Doll and Rainbowmummy on the shoulder* group hug? Can I get in?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hug it out, bitches!

    thankyou, laura... things aren't nearly half as bad as they seemed last week. i bring most of it on myself with my tendency to go and eat worms at every minor setback. the sickening thing is that rudy has, directly, nothing to do with it. his only irritating features are occasional robot stimming in public, the repetitive wall-e viewings and constant questions, which only montana has the capacity of patience to deal with. i'm lucky. i just wish i could get him to slow down enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, and i was shopping with a friend today and she quoted "feeling screwed up at a screwed up time in a screwed up situation does not necessarily make you screwed up" at me, from "p.u.t.v.", and i instantly thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that might not be word for word correct, and she might not consciously have been quoting the film, but nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. are you kidding??? Awesome. I think of you when I hear Lady Gaga...

    ReplyDelete
  11. whatever-I'm not jealous of you too constantly thinking of each other or anything, nt i'm upset about two other people.....

    *starts manically blogging about two people named Raura and Andigo Boll*

    ReplyDelete
  12. *points up* too, two, it's apparently all the same to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you make me laugh, r-ma superstar.

    and we'll always have jenny and jim. noone can ever take that away.

    *hangs around in a starbucks in central leeds, looks at watch*.

    ReplyDelete
  14. dont mention jenny and jim, i seriously need no encouragment. i actually have to tie my hands behind my back when I go on amazon so I dont order her book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. gah lunch time.

    not leaving the house today.

    send the social round, id be glad of the company.

    ReplyDelete
  16. dude, jenny is complete wanker. don't drink the kool aid.

    ReplyDelete
  17. gah! get back here Rainbowmummy...don't be such a chick. I totally think of you when I hear Katie Perry. Oh, that is so NOT a sympathy mention. I swear. *wracks brain thinking of witty Katie Perry lyric* *gives up*

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh and I was about to come back for some love :0(

    Laura, you're so gay and you don't even like boys.

    ReplyDelete