Monday 27 April 2009

ha!

i've lost funny.

i just don't feel like talking to anyone. i seem to have turned into ally sheedy circa the breakfast club era, minus the dandruff and emilio estevez. about a nano second after this occurred to me, a further astonishing revellation dawned- i never really stopped being ally sheedy circa the breakfast club era. i just developed a fear of the silence. gasp. quick- everybody draw a jesus and mary chain logo on their army surplus bag and suppress that buzz of self knowledge.

you see, lest anyone be thoroughly mislead by my earlier posts on shoes and jackets and bewildering working knowledge of the turn-up, i would like to point out that i have never, ever been cool. if i have had momentary flirtations with popularity, they have been sparse and strictly contextual. some people are good at making people want to be around them. i, she said, poking her head out of a georgian handkerchief archive, don't seem to be that bothered.

but this weekend my jock boyfriend built me an actual path, so i suppose every dog gets its day.




.

2 comments:

  1. you know 50% of the enjoyment for me is reading the Labels here, and you so have NOT lost your funny... ps my high school experience was damn near friendless, save my best friend (my one best friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i create a ridiculously upbeat first impression that i then find impossibly exhausting to follow up on.

    in school i was a strange kind of popular wierdo. i got bullied by my "group" (girls school) but somehow had this otherness that afforded me strange disant respect from everyone else. teachers couldn't stand me- i wasn't a troublemaker but seemed to be an entirely unknown quantity to them.

    then i went to art school at 16 and got to be best mates with the wierdest wierdo of them all, until he went to rehab.

    ReplyDelete